Application Deadline: February 1st 2018
These TU Delft scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative of the university aims to work together with scientists and entrepreneurs in developing countries to make an impact and improve people’s lives. We use cutting-edge science and technology to find solutions that will benefit everyone.
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. Our aim is to stimulate excellent students from Sub-Saharan countries and strengthen our relationship with the countries they come from. From the students we expect that they are willing to act as our ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
Number of Scholarships 4 per faculty
- Citizenship Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Eligibility Admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
- A degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 80 percent of the scale maximum.
- Extent of Scholarship Full fee waiver for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years.
- Membership to the Scholarship Club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be a TU Delft ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Procedure Check if you’re eligible for this scholarship
- Complete your application for a TU Delft MSc programme. Check the admission requirements.
- Complete, in addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application, the Application Form for a Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Upload your MSc application and the Application for Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship before 1 February 2018.
- Granting Students who have been granted a scholarship will be informed by TU Delft via e-mail by early April 2018.
For More Information: