The Türkiye-Africa Undergraduate Scholarship has been developed with the purpose of supporting successful and idealistic students wishing to study at undergraduate level in Türkiye.
Türkiye Scholarships will be allocated regionally. However, the number of scholarships granted to each country will not be decreased below the number of scholarships allocated in the years before, provided that candidates meet success criteria.
What does this scholarship cover?
The Türkiye Scholarships provide the students studying in Türkiye with wide opportunities. With the scholarship granted to you, you can matriculate at a University and utilize the health services of that University without making any payment. In addition, a specific amount of scholarship fee is put into your bank account every month.
This amount will be enough to continue your education and enjoy the social facilities in Türkiye freely. Meanwhile, you are provided with housing opportunities as well. Moreover, this scholarship does cover the Turkish language education provided for you before starting your University program and your round trip flight ticket from your country to Türkiye.
Who can apply?
Candidates applying to Türkiye-Africa Undergraduate Scholarship shall meet the following requirements:
1. Being a citizen of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina, Faso, Burundi, Algeria, Djibouti, Chad, Ethiopia, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Union of Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Central Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Cameroon, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Sierra Leona, Swaziland, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Rwanda, Cape Verde and Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship can not apply to the Scholarship),
2. Those who have graduated or are likely to graduate from secondary school.
3. Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1991
4. Those who had not or have not been granted an undergraduate scholarship by a Turkish Government institution
5. Students who are currently studying at a University or a vocational college in Türkiye cannot apply for the scholarship.
6. Those who have at least 60 % points from one of the academic criteria specified in the following table..
2.GENERAL AVERAGE GRADES RECEIVED UNTIL THE LAST TERM (Cumulative GPA)
3.University ENTRANCE EXAM GRADE (IF ANY)
4.HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAM / BACCALAUREATE GRADE (IF ANY)
5.INTERNATIONAL TEST SCORE (IF ANY)
6.OTHER ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT SCORE
How can I apply?
You can apply via the web addresses www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr / www.trscholarships.org/ www.turkiyeburslari.org or through the Embassy of the Republic of Türkiye in your country. Candidates intending to apply via the addresses www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr / www.trscholarships.org/ www.turkiyeburslari.org can easily complete their applications through uploading the required documents to the electronic system.
Candidates intending to apply through the Representative Offices of the Republic of Türkiye or via mail can complete their application through submitting the required documents to the relevant representative offices until the end of the day of deadline related to application-making period.
• Application form (provided at the end of this Guide) (Can also be obtained from the Embassies/Consulates or from www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr / www.trscholarships.org/www.turkiyeburslari.org or in the Embassies)
• Copy of high school diploma or document indicating that the candidate is a high school senior student
• Certified high school transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate)
• Copy of a valid identity card (Passport, Birth Certificate, etc)
• 1 passport photograph