Application Deadline: December 6th 2019
The Community College Initiative (CCI) is a U. S. Department of State exchange program for technical and vocational students from South Africa. The CCI program provides participants with a non-degree, academic-year program at a U.S. community college designed to build participants’ technical skills in applied fields, enhance their leadership capabilities, and strengthen their English language proficiency.
Participants do not need to be current Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college or University of Technology students to apply, though they are welcome. The program runs on the U.S. academic calendar (August to May) and applications are usually accepted during October-November annually.
Participants study in one of the following eligible fields: agriculture, applied engineering, business management and administration, early childhood education, information technology, media, public safety, and tourism and hospitality management.
CCI Program participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. After completing the program, participants return home with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years old at the start of the program
- Have a diploma from a secondary school
- Possess a basic knowledge of English
- Desire to build professional and leadership skills to contribute to the development of their home communities
- Be able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in July 2020
- Meet country-specific requirements
For More Information: