Each year, the Buckminster Fuller Institute awards $100,000 to support the development and implementation of a solution that has significant potential to solve one of humanity’s most pressing problems. This prize program is a call to the world’s artists, scientists, designers, architects, engineers, students, and entrepreneurs committed to playing a transformative role in addressing the biggest issues we face today.
Entries will be accepted from individuals or team members who:
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Maintain a current and valid form of identification appropriate to country of residence.
- Submit entry in English.
- Follow the submission process completely and on time.
- Are available to be contacted by email or telephone at any point in the evaluation process, and are available (if requested) for a site visit by a member of the evaluation committee.
The Buckminster Fulller Institute is looking for holistic strategies that demonstrate a clear grasp of ‘the big picture’, focused on a well-defined need of critical importance.
Entries, must also meet the following criteria:
- Visionary put forth an original idea that creatively addresses a critical need or synthesizes existing ideas into a new strategy.
- Comprehensive apply a “whole-systems” approach to all facets of the design and implementation process; aim to simultaneously address the root cause and multiple goals, requirements, conditions and factors.
- Anticipation factor in critical future trends and needs as well as the projected impacts of implementation in the short and long term.
- Ecologically Responsible reflect nature’s underlying principles while enhancing the Earth’s life-support systems.
- Feasible rely on current technology and existing resources backed by a solid team capable of implementing the project.
- Verifiable able to withstand rigorous empirical testing and makes authentic claims.
- Replicable able to be adapted to similar conditions elsewhere.
March 1st – April 12th, 2013
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: