Application Deadline: June 19, 2022
The Curatorial Residency is organized by Institut français du Nigéria, the Embassy of France in Nigeria and their Paris-based partner, Cité Internationale des Arts and will take place during two months in October and November 2022.
- The residency is designed for Nigerian curators and art critics, aged over 23 years old, residing in Nigeria with proven professional experience in curating art events.
- The aim of this program is to support the young generation of Nigerian curators and art critics and enable them to develop a curatorial project, new artistic opportunities and collaborations with artists in residence at the Cité Internationale des Arts.
- Age: over 23 years
- Curators or Art Critics working in the areas of: Visual Arts – Architecture – Design – Digital Arts – Multidisciplinary – Photography
- The open call is open to Nigeria based candidates of any sex, aged over 23 years on January 1st of 2022.
Applicants will be mainly judged on:
- The creativity of their proposals including one or more art disciplines
- Their experience in the field and especially their technical skills
- Their trans-disciplinarity
- Their portfolio’s design and presentation
- The anticipated working schedule during the two months residency
- Their artistic connections in France
- The Residency fees are fully covered: transportation, monthly allowances, and accomodation.
How to Apply
Make sure you have all the required documents
• A file presenting one or more recent projects representative of your curatorial work (5 to 20 pages)
• A Resume with your academic and professional background (maximum 4 pages)
• A statement explaining the research angles that you want to develop during your art residency (maximum 2 pages)
• A residency brief with a list of artists, experts or cultural institutions with whom you wish to collaborate (maximum 1 page)
• One of the following files: a text (1 page), video (3 min) explaining your curatorial approach OR a video link representative of your work OR a letter of recommandation supporting your curatorial project at Cité Internationale des Arts OR an Internet link of your conferences or symposia.
For More Information: