Deadline for applications is December 12, 2014.
The Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue and knowledge sharing among young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The YLVP is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts.
The participants are visionaries who are in a position to make a difference. They are young, open-minded leaders in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza*, Yemen and Sweden who are actively working for democracy and human rights within the spheres of society, culture, politics and media.
Who can apply to YLVP?
To apply to Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues).
- Work actively for democracy and human rights.
- Be between 20-32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza*, Yemen or Sweden
The programme comprises of four weeks of intensive work divided into two modules:
Module 1: YLVP in Sweden (17 May-5 June, 2015)
This module offers experience-based intercultural leadership training and personal as well as group development. It also involves advanced hands-on training with the use of cutting-edge social media tools. Exchange of experiences and creative strategies in the work for social change takes place through seminars and workshops with facilitators working actively in these fields.
Module 2: YLVP in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region (21-27 November, 2015)
Module 2 offers an opportunity to maintain, build and expand your network. All participants will meet again in one of the participating MENA countries to continue the exchange and follow up the development of their work.
Accommodation, food and travel
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YLVP are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Swedish Institute will also arrange and pay for your air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region. Participants are themselves responsible for costs related to transport within their own countries
During the programme in Sweden all participants will be insured against acute illness and accident through the Swedish State Group Insurance and personal insurance by The Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Service Agency (Kammarkollegiet).
A complete application consists of:
- A completed YLVP Application Form 2015 in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons.
- An updated CV in English
- A photo (not compulsory)
- Deadline for applications: December 12, 2014
- Google Hangout interviews: 26 January-6 February
- Accepted applicants will be informed by: 26 February
- YLVP module 1 in Sweden: May 17-June 5, 2015
- YLVP follow up in the MENA region (location to be confirmed): November 21-27, 2015
How to Apply: