Application Deadline: 27 January 2014
Location : New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Application Deadline : 27-Jan-14
Additional Category Millennium Development Goals
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required :English
Duration of Initial Contract : 25 hours per week
Expected Duration of Assignment : 5 months
- 1) management and monitoring of activities;
- 2) data analytics; and
- 3) mobilization of partners in specific regions.
- Enrollment in undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme in a development related field such as social science.
- Have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree, if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages;
- Experience in CSO and media outreach;
- Understanding of political issues in the region of intervention;
- MS Office skills; Generally excellent computer skills;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc), good knowledge and experience in handling of web based information management systems;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Fluent in one or more of these languages, Arabic, Portuguese, and Spanish;
- Any other language is an asset.
UNDP may accept interns provided the following conditions are met:
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP;
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship;
The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
Only a successful candidate will be required to submit the following nine documents:
For More Information: