Application Deadline: 19th July 2016
- Exam will take place on 14 December 2016.
- The exam subjects tested this year will be:
- 1. Economic Affairs (including Sustainable Development): apply online between 19 May and 19 July!
- 2. Information and Telecommunication Technology: apply online between 19 May and 19 July!
The United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
Basic application criteria:
- You must have the nationality of a participating country.
- You must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- You must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Each year, countries that are un- or under-represented in the United Nations, are invited to take part in the Young Professionals Programme.
Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Greece, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Qatar, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Somalia, South Sudan, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
Step 1: Confirm your eligibility
Carefully review basic application criteria on the YPP Home page.
Step 2: Review the job opening
Read the job opening for the exam subject you are interested in and make sure you fulfil the requirements. The list of job openings can be found on the YPP Home page.
Step 3: Prepare an application
Apply to the selected job opening through Inspira. Additional guidelines on creating applications are available by clicking on the “Manuals and Help’’ link found in the upper right-hand corner of the
Apply Now for the United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2016
For More Information: