Application Deadline: February 12, 2016 at 17:00 (GMT -4:00).
- Conflict Management Skills – The program aims to develop the skills of the emerging leaders in conflict management. The core skills of effective communication, approaches to negotiation, and dialogue facilitation central to the Generation Change training.
- Leadership Development Skills – The program aims to strengthen the capacity of emerging leaders to lead and tell their stories. These skills help leaders communicate their mission and vision more effectively, and create healthier and more stable organizations.
- A Dynamic Community of Civic Leaders – To counter the feeling of isolation that is felt by many civic leaders, the program deliberately focuses on creating relationships built on trust so that Fellows are able to turn to one another for guidance and support. The program also offers different platforms (electronic and in person) through which these leaders can connect and build lasting relationships.
Please review all eligibility requirements before you apply. In order to be eligible to participate in the program, candidates must:
· Must be between the ages of 18-35
· Must live and work in Kenya.
· Must hold a leadership role in a community organization.
· Must possess a willingness to participate and learn from peers and facilitators
· Must have a passport that is valid until December 2016.
- Upon completing the training, participants become Generation Change Fellows.
- Fellows join Generation Change’s global community of emerging civic leaders and will have on-going access to various resources provided by USIP.
- USIP will pay for participant airfare, lodging, meal, and visa expenses.Schedule
Sunday, March 13 Arrive in country (TBD)
Monday, March 14 Generation Change Training Day 1
Tuesday, March 15 Generation Change Training Day 2
Wednesday, March 16 Generation Change Training Day 3
Thursday, March 17 Depart for home
Submission should include
• A completed application form via Survey Monkey
• An updated CV e-mailed to [email protected]
• A scanned copy of a valid passport e-mailed to [email protected]
Please submit the application using Survey Monkey. Please e-mail all attachments in one e-mail to [email protected] The e-mail subject line should read: LAST NAME, GC application. Submissions that are incomplete or missing materials will not be considered.Applications will be accepted no later than February 12, 2016 at 17:00 (GMT -4:00). All inquiries should be sent to [email protected]
Notifications of Application Status
Selected participants will be notified by email by February 20, 2016. If you are not notified by this time, you have not been selected.