Application Deadline: February 17th 2016
When: June 25 – July 9th 2016
Where: June 25 – July 9th 2016
- Talented young writers, between age 16-19 years, who show promise to become future literary figures in their respective countries and in their own native languages.
- Applicants must be proficient in Arabic and English (reading, writing and speaking);
- Past experience in creative writing both in English and Arabic;
- Ready to develop and share new writing techniques
- Citizens of Morocco, Tunisia,
- The selection preference will be given to talented young writers candidates with limited or no travel experience outside of their home country.
- During this program in the U.S., the selected participants will take part in creative writing workshops, seminars on literary topics, cultural visits, and local events.
- A writing sample of 6-8 pages of prose and/or poetry in Arabic.
- A writing sample of 6-8 pages of prose and/or poetry in English.
- A brief one-paragraph statement of purpose in English describing why writing is important to your life, and what you hope to learn at BTL.
- A writing sample of 2-5 pages of prose and/or poetry in either language in response to one of the following writing prompts:
During breakfast you are startled by a heavy knock at the door. It is someone who demands something from you. Who is it, what does he/she need, and what happens next? Write a short story or poem.
- Write a short story or poem that contains three of the following objects and one place: