The Science Faculty of the University of Portsmouth offers a number of scholarships for Ghanaian and Nigerian students who have applied for one of the following full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees:
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee but please note, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed above.
he scholarship is open to applicants from the following countries:
Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
Please complete the Scholarship Application Form and submit this to our International Admissions Centre either via email or post (details below) by no later than 31 July 2016. Successful scholarship applicants will be required to accept their place on the programme within four weeks of notification in order to obtain the reduction in the fee.
If you have any questions regarding our scholarships, please contact:
International Admissions Centre
Winston Churchill Avenue
+44 (0)23 9284 3414
For More Information: