Application Deadline: January 22nd 2020
The UNWTO World Tourism Students League, run within the UNWTO Academy, seeks to create an innovative environment to empower and motivate travel & tourism students to get involved within the industry and participate in this world students tourism league getting real-time experience from the sector by creating and presenting innovative solutions for the challenges that the sector is facing nowadays. Challenges will be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals, placing an emphasis on Goals 8,12 and 14, in which tourism is featured and will match the SDGs requirements.
- A 5 month Global League where teams of students from the different participating Institutions compete against each other to come up with the best innovative ideas to resolve the challenges set by UNWTO and the public and private sector Partners.
- The solutions given by the students will be evaluated by a jury month-by-month thus creating a League competition.
- The top 4 teams with the highest score will fight out the best position in an onsite Final Competition – The Final Four.
Teams of 5 students in their before-last or last year of degree studies
from Tourism, hospitality and travel programmes (+ possibility to draw in
1 extra team member from another degree)
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Ability to think out-of-the-box
• Teams must be effective communicators and have a good understanding
and defend the Global Tourism Code of Ethics and SDGs
Monthly certificate to Team with highest score
• Participation in Final Four Competition for the 4 teams with highest scores
• Internship opportunities with UNWTO and UNWTO’s Public and Private partners
• preferential access to the Courses on the UNWTO Online Tourism Academy
as well as any other online courses offered by the UNWTO Academy
how it works
A 5-month online World League League where teams of students from the
different participating Institutions will compete to come up with the best
innovative ideas to resolve the challenges set by UNWTO and the public
and private sector Partners. These challenges will be a reflection of the
challenges that our sector is facing nowadays.
• 1 month – 1 challenge
• 1 Final Four with the 4 best teams
• Opportunities to work on real time experiences
• Opportunities to see what job avenues the sector has to offer
• Industry Internship opportunities as prizes
• Innovative solutions for the sector
Education and Training Institutions interested in presenting teams, and public bodies or private companies interested in participating by providing monthly challenges to be solved by the students must submit the official request form to UNWTO Academy.
The Team applications will also include:
- Breakdown of the team (representative teacher + 5 students)
- Resume of each team member
- Photo of each team member (white background)
- Short, 1-minute video introducing and showcasing the Institution and the team
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UNWTO World Tourism Students League 2020