Application Deadline: July 8th 2016
The Varkey Foundation is offering four exciting 7 month paid Fellowships to start in September for recent post-graduates with a passion for making a difference in education and contributing to make the GESF a success.
The Varkey Foundation addresses global teaching capacity & seeds excellence in the next generation of educators.
As part of their advocacy programs, the Varkey Foundation hosts The Global Education and Skills Forum annually in Dubai. The event encourages delegates from all around the world to network, debate and discuss all matters concerning education. Each year, the Forum
focuses on certain themes, and last year’s theme was ‘how can we make education everyone’s business’.
Past attendees include former Prime Minister, Tony Blair and Director General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova as well as Heads of States from all over the world.
- This is a work from home fellowship open to applicants from all over the world.
- The fellowship will pay a salary of £20,000 for the periodof the contract.
- Fellows will receive continuous support and guidance from the team, with constant communication.
- The Fellowship will involve travel to Dubai for up to four weeks in the lead-up to the
- This opening provides Fellows with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the education and philanthropy sector.
In addition to shared learning activities, each Fellow undertakes a programme of personal and professional development. The structure of the Fellowship depends on the development
needs and aspirations of the individual and includes:
• Group workshops with the Fellowship cohort (focusing on areas such as fundraising and philanthropy, public engagement, strategic planning and event management)
• Intensive on the job learning
• Extensive coaching and mentoring
• Networking with education leaders
• Self-starter who can work unsupervised
• Someone who wants to make a difference in education
• Able to present ideas clearly and convincingly
• Skilled in tangible delivery ; a good idea is just a start
• To be able to juggle multiple tasks in one go, with the knowledge of what to prioritise
• Ability to work with different geographic markets and levels of colleagues
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across GESF activities
• Being able to work in a fast paced environment to develop solutions
• Have high attention to detail in order to identify errors and inconsistencies if necessary
How to apply
Please send your CV and a one page cover letter to [email protected], outlining your motivation and suitability for the role, no later than Friday 8th of July.
Please note Varkey Foundation will be interviewing candidates during this time, so early application is recommended. If your application is shortlisted you will be invited
to a two stage interview process.
For More Information: