Application Deadline: Monday 26 August 2013
Position Title: Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme Intern
Location: London, UK
Start Date: Early September 2013
Job Ref No: WSLP003
This is a 6-month voluntary role with monthly reimbursements for travel (London Zones 1-6) and food expenses
The internship offers an exciting opportunity to work on the Institute for Strategic Dialogue’s (ISD) Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme which seeks to cultivate the leaders of tomorrow from transition and emerging economies. The Programme provides outstanding university graduates and young professionals with the opportunity to pursue graduate studies – 1-2 year Masters or 3 year DPhil courses – at the University of Oxford along with a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking led by ISD from its London office.
The internship will provide overall support to the Programme Coordinator and encompass a range of duties including event planning and communication support, website/social media management, project research and administrative activities (correspondence, database
The internship is an opportunity to gain an insight into the working environment of a dynamic, growing and fast paced international relations organisation. This voluntary role is for a minimum of 6 months on a fulltime basis. Travel and lunch costs will be reimbursed.
• Assist the Programme Coordinator in the day-to-day running of the Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme including organisation of all activities and events related to the programme and liaising with the Scholars, alumni and external partners;
• Input on the coordination of the alumni programme;
• Lead on all programme related social media activity, engage in the day-to-day management of the Scholarships Intranet site, Facebook page and twitter account;
• Coordinate programme related outreach to raise the overall programme profile and reach appropriate candidates in its target countries;
• Participate in programme related planning and development;
• Provide coordination and logistical support for Scholarship related meetings;
• Undertake research assignments and compile background documents as needed;
• Ensure ISD’s contact database is updated with all relevant Scholarship information;
• Assist with the maintenance of ISD’s website including uploading information;
• Assist the wider ISD team on other tasks where necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A relevant undergraduate degree and a specific interest in international affairs;
• An interest in leadership development a plus;
• Project administration and/or office experience;
• Event planning experience;
• Experience in website development/management, including experience with social media;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to be diplomatic and effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Experience working with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
• The ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment;
• The ability to prioritise and work independently, as well as in a diverse team;
• Solid computer skills.
The Institute for Strategic Dialogue Based in London, the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD) is an independent policy organisation and think tank working with leaders in government, business, media and academia to develop multi-country responses to the major security and socio-economic challenges of our times and to enhance Europe’s capacity to act effectively and strategically with other key players in the global arena.
Through a range of long-term policy, educational and cultural programmes, including specialised task forces, closed policy meetings with government heads, cross-border networks and scholarships, the Institute fosters leadership and stability across Europe and its wider neighbourhood, bridging communal, religious and political divides.
Applicants for this internship are requested to send a full Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 August 2013 quoting the reference number. Please note we may appoint before the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.