Application Deadline: 8 February 2021
The World Bank research finding that women’s entrepreneurship is increasing faster in Africa than anywhere else in the world but most of the businesses are micro-small businesses and seldom develop into larger profitable businesses.
Understanding the challenges and the untapped growth potential of women’s enterprises, the Graça Machel Trust with support from Virgin Unite began the Women Creating Wealth (WCW) Programme.
WCW is a Pan African women’s entrepreneurship accelerator programme with goal strengthen the skills and confidence of women entrepreneurs to overcome their challenges and growth barriers and graduate their business from income generation to wealth creation enterprises.
Women Creating Wealth is a Pan African entrepreneurship programme that has significantly grown the businesses and positively impacted the entrepreneurial behaviours, skill and confidence of women entrepreneurs.
To date, 400 high growth entrepreneurs have been selected and successfully graduated from the programme in Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia and South Africa.
PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS AND COST:
- Must be a registered woman owned and run business that has been operating for at least two years from Free State and\or Limpopo.
- Priority sector is Agribusiness /Agro-processing ONLY for this call for application.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a metric qualification.
- Minimum current turnover on R 10 000 a month.
- Time commitment to participate in the programme is 16-week (March-June 2021).
- The commitment fee of R1 850 per business is mandatory upon acceptance and registration
- Be inspired, connected and strengthen your confidence, knowledge and skills to scale your busines.
- Develop a knack for seeing and harnessing business opportunities.
- Develop strategies that attract markets, finance and talent to grow your business nationally, regionally and globally.
- Join the ‘Women Creating Wealth’ a Pan African network of businesswomen.
DEADLINE: The closing date for this application is 8 February 2021 and the 16-week WCW programme is planned to begin on 1 March 2021.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Women Creating Wealth (WCW) Programme 2021