Application Deadline: WEDNESDAY, 20 FEBRUARY 2019
Women Deliver is excited to launch the Advocacy Academy: three, brand new advocacy skill-building opportunities exclusively for Women Deliver 2019 Conference registrants!
Led by some of the world’s leading advocates for gender equality and girls’ and women’s health and rights, these sessions will help emerging advocates sharpen skills, build connections with allies and peers, and practice proven methods for policy change. They’ll also equip advocates with tools and techniques to leverage the Women Deliver 2019 Conference to build and grow partnerships, and advance strategic advocacy initiatives.
1) Introduction to Advocacy: An online course you can take at your own pace, open to all conference registrants. The course will introduce you to key advocacy terms, tools, and techniques to set the ground work for building effective, targeted, and impactful advocacy strategies. Conference registration required to participate.* Coming early 2019!
2) Interactive Webinars: Live, intimate, and interactive online learning opportunities where advocates can hear perspectives and learn best practices from colleagues leading advocacy initiatives around the world. Participation in webinars will be capped to ensure dialogue and shared learning opportunities. Webinars will be conducted in English, French, and Spanish. Conference registration required to participate.* Coming March 2019!
3) In-person Skills-Building Workshop at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference: Two day, in-person workshop from June 2-3 in Vancouver, just ahead of the Women Deliver 2019 Conference. Advocates will practice techniques and tactics to advance their advocacy initiatives and refine a personalized advocacy strategy in a series of hands-on, interactive lessons and activities.
Participants will be selected through an application process. The in-person workshop will be conducted in English with select French and Spanish translation. Conference registration required to participate.* APPLICATION OPEN NOW!
Applications are due by WEDNESDAY, 20 FEBRUARY. Applicants will be notified of acceptance in early March.
Conference registration is REQUIRED to participate in the Advocacy In-Person Workshop. Those accepted to participate in the workshop will be required to submit proof of conference registration by 10 March or their spot will be forfeited. There are no scholarships or funding available to support conference registration, travel, or participation in the Advocacy Academy in-person workshop.
Applicants will be required to provide background and demographic information, assess their advocacy background and skills, and answer short-answer questions on their current advocacy experience and work.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following considerations:
- Level of advocacy experience – the Advocacy Academy In-Person Workshop is designed to build skills of advocates who are newer to the field
- Age – the Advocacy Academy In-Person Workshop is open to all ages, but is designed with Advocates 30 years of age and older in mind
- Current and future engagement in advocacy work – the Advocacy Academy In-Person Workshop is designed to help advocates develop a personalized advocacy strategy that they can take home and implement
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Women Deliver 2019 Conference Advocacy Academy