Application Deadline: May 6th 2018
This program, promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in our country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The scholarships are funded by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation, maintenance and medical insurance.
- The scholarships included in this call have a variable duration depending on the modality agreed with each of the host universities and the training program offered, comprising periods ranging from six months, in the case of some research staying to four years for those aiming to Master and Doctorate.
- All the scholarships of this call will take place during the academic year 2018-2019.
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
- The scholarship includes one return ticket to-from the student’s country of origin, university fees, health insurance, accommodation and food.
- Once the scholarship has been completed, they are committed to returning to their place of residence and to providing a report on their personal and academic experience – on the basis provided by the Women for Africa Foundation – so that an evaluation of the outcomes can be carried out and, if necessary, make changes in the scholarship program as appropriate.
- Likewise, The Foundation and the Spanish universities of destination may make full or partial use, on their website or in some of their publications, regarding the content of the report prepared by the scholarship holders after their stay in Spain. In this case, the Women for Africa Foundation may mention the author (s) of said content.
For further information, please contact the Foundation at:
For More Information: