Application Deadline: 30 June/ 15 January (Annually
The KAAD Scholarship Programme for sub-Saharan Africa is geared towards development of African countries and societies as well as development of qualified individuals.
Young university graduates, who have already taken over responsibility in church and society, should be empowered to continue along this line and do it in an even more qualified way.
Beneficiaries of KAAD-scholarships are predominantly from needy families and display academic excellence. The ultimate aim of our scholarship policy is the promotion of so-called “Agents of Change”.
The focus countries in Africa today are: Ghana, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe andKenya. Uganda and Tanzania are counted to be part of the focus region East Africa, apart from Kenya.
Who can apply?
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
For More Information: