Application Deadline: March 15th 2017
The World Conference of Science Journalists 2017 is excited to offer travel fellowships for professional and student attendees from the U.S. and abroad. These fellowships are intended to enable those who otherwise could not attend to join us for the conference in San Francisco, October 26-30, 2017. The grants will provide full or partial support to cover economy airfare, accommodation for the duration of the conference, and reasonable ground transport, up to a maximum amount based on the traveler’s location and circumstances. Fellowship recipients will receive complimentary meeting registration.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by April 15 to allow for plenty of time to plan travel and acquire any necessary visas. Selected fellows will be informed of the exact amount of funding offered at the time of notification.
- You may apply for a General Travel Fellowship if you write, edit, or produce science news, information, or commentary for the public; teach science journalism; or are a member of a WFSJ member association, and would not be able to attend the conference without financial assistance.
- The grants will provide full or partial support to cover economy airfare, accommodation for the duration of the conference, and reasonable ground transport, up to a maximum amount based on the traveler’s location and circumstances.
- Fellowship recipients will receive complimentary basic meeting registration.
- An additional subsidy for meals, incidentals, and registration for ancillary conference events may be provided depending on demonstrated need.
- Fellowship recipients selected for participation in pre-conference events will receive a subsidy for an additional hotel night.
- Successful applications will make a clear and convincing case for how attending WCSJ2017 will benefit the applicant. Special consideration will be given to applications submitted from developing countries or those historically underrepresented at World Conferences.
- Applicants will be asked to upload a resumé and a statement of interest, and to provide the name of a reference whom you will ask to send a letter of recommendation.
- WCSJ2017 recommend that applicants read through the application online to prepare materials requested before applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For More Information: