Application Deadline: April 29, 2016.
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is now accepting applications for its 2016/17 Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship. One outstanding woman journalist will be selected in June 2016 to complete a seven-month program from August 29, 2016 until March 28, 2017.
The selected Fellow will complete research and coursework at MIT’s Center for International Studies and internships with media outlets including The Boston Globe and The New York Times. The flexible structure of the program will provide the Fellow with opportunities to pursue academic research and hone her reporting skills. Past Fellows have taken advantage of opportunities to publish work under their bylines through various media outlets.
Including Srinivasan, 11 journalists representing nine countries have been selected as Fellows since 2004. During the Fellowship and beyond, they have explored a wide range of under-reported issues including gender-based violence, indigenous rights, and religious intolerance.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is open to women journalists worldwide whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- Journalists working in print, broadcast and/or Internet-based media, including freelancers, are eligible to apply. Applicants must have a minimum of three years experience in journalism.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- A fixed monthly stipend will be provided to cover housing, meals, and ground transportation during the fellowship. Round-trip economy airfare will be purchased from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to the fellowship city.
- The fellow will receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not include a salary. For fellows residing outside of the United States, the fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa.
- The fellow will be fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
For More Information: