Application Deadline: December 4, 2022
CyberGirls Fellowship is a free 1-year program that equips girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, positioning them to start a career in cybersecurity and helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
During the one-year duration of this fellowship, you will be given hands-on cybersecurity training, and mentorship, become certification-ready, and possibly get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities.
This initiative aims to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls and women living in underserved communities in Africa and contribute to fighting poverty & cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortage, and gender disparity in the tech industry (particularly cybersecurity niche); as well as fighting unemployment/underemployment.
This project is organized by Cybersafe Foundation and funded through sponsorships, partnerships, and financial and in-kind support from well-meaning individuals and organizations.
- A Female aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship – 24th March 2023
- From and resident in an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cybersecurity
- Proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school
- Can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training
- Have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 7 months of intensive training
- Not participating in a Cybersafe Foundation Program as of application close – 4th December 2022
The learning journey begins with cybersecurity fundamentals and moves on to more specialised niche cybersecurity learning paths which fellows will decide on midway through the fellowship.
- Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability and Assessment Penetration Testing
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Cloud Security
- Incidence Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1)
For More Information: