Application Deadline: Monday, 03 July 2017 at 8 AM CET.
World Food System Summer School: Food Systems in Transition
Côte d’Ivoire, 27 January – 10 February 2018
Join the World Food System Summer School and connect with a community of motivated and like-minded students, researchers and practitioners from around the world who are committed to building sustainable food systems. The 2018 summer school will take place in Abidjan, Bouaké, and a number of field sites. The majority of the course will be hosted at Hotel Mon Afrik in Bouaké, Côte d’Ivoire.
- This immersion learning experience integrates lectures, group work, case studies, workshops, field work, excursions, and includes guest speakers and evening social and cultural activities.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a university graduate education program (Master’s or PhD) or have recently graduated from one of these programs (up to 5 years since graduation).
- Successful applicants will have a strong and demonstrated interest in food system challenges and solutions, collaboration across disciplines, sectors and cultures, and bring relevant experience.
- The course will be conducted in English, though some degree of proficiency in French is recommended. Further, participants can give feedback and ask questions in French.
- The Organozers are running a competitive application process; this also applies to applicants from ETH Zurich and Yamsys partner universities.
- Participants from West Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The course will run for two weeks, between 27 January and 10 February 2018 in Côte d’Ivoire.
- The course fee of 750 Swiss Francs (CHF) per student covers the cost for all board, lodging, local travel, and activities during the program, all of which are arranged by the course organizers. You are responsible for paying and organizing your visa (if required), health insurance, travel insurance (including repatriation insurance), and your transportation to and from Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
- A very limited number of scholarships are available and will be awarded to accepted students on an as-needed basis.
- To apply to the program, you must complete and submit an online form, your curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and a letter of recommendation.
- All materials must be submitted in English except the letter of recommendation- this letter can be submitted in either English or French
- Your complete application must be submitted by Monday, 03 July 2017 at 8 AM CET.
Jonna Cohen, Education Manager, World Food System Center,firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: