DEADLINE: 16th NOVEMBER 2015 (application will close at 23.59 CET).
The African Network of Youth Policy Experts have the pleasure to announce that Youth Policy experts across 54 African countries can now apply for -Country membership / coordinator of the African Network of Youth Policy Experts.
The Network was launched on 30th October, 2014 in Baku, Azerbaijan at the closing session of the United Nations backed first Global Forum for Youth Policy.
Eligible applicants in 54 African countries include:
• Youth policy practitioners;
• Youth activists and members of youth movements working on youth policy;
• Representatives/experts of youth-led organizations, civil society organizations, and networks
working on youth policy;
• Research experts from institutes, universities and think tanks with a focus on youth policy;
• Development experts from organizations, agencies and institutions in the youth sector;
• Programming experts from donors active in supporting policy change in the youth field.
• Preferably be aged 18-35;
• Be experienced in formulation, implementation and/or monitoring of youth policy at the
national, regional or global level.
The selection of applicants will take into consideration the following criteria:
• Interest: The applicant is highly motivated and will substantively contribute to the Network;
• Exposure: The applicant has shown past experience of minimum 2 years related to youth policy formulation, implementation and/or research;
• Impact: The applicant and his/her organization have the capacity to disseminate the results of the Forum back to the youth community;
• Gender and geographical balance;
Young people from under represented and marginalised groups and youth policy practitioners working with underrepresented and marginalised groups (such as young people with disabilities, indigenous youth, youth from rural communities/young farmers, young people from conflict affected areas, marginalized ethnic and cultural groups, young people from low social and economic backgrounds,migrants and refugees, young people not in education, employment and training) are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be notified by December 15 2015.
For More Information: