Application Deadline: March 23rd 2020
The World Habitat Awards recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world.
Entries to the Awards are encouraged from housing projects and programmes that:
- demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing challenges;
- can be transferred or adapted in other countries across the world;
- are already being implemented or are completed i.e. not at design stage or in the very early stages of development; and
- view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring a range of other benefits. We particularly encourage entries from projects and programmes that are addressing the climate emergency. Other benefits of interest to us include: income generation; social inclusion; community and individual empowerment; health benefits; capacity building and or education.
All entries are subject to a thorough assessment process and around 10 projects are evaluated by an independent advisory group of housing experts.
We want to hear about projects from around the world that:
focus on affordable and adequate housing;
have taken action to address the climate emergency;
are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years; and
have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community.
The World Habitat Awards competition has been run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. In that time some of the world’s most remarkable and innovative housing projects have received international recognition for their work. In 2020, we will be presenting Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards to the most outstanding projects and programmes.
The two GOLD Award-winning projects receive:
- a trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- prize money of £10,000; and
- follow-up support from World Habitat through our transfer programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Habitat Awards 2020