Application Deadline: September 13th 2015
Win a trip to Geneva, Switzerland to showcase your work at the Global Consultation Conference.
Leading up to the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit convened by the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, thousands of people worldwide have shared their ideas to reduce human loss and suffering from crisis.
Can you help visualize these ideas?
The winner will get the opportunity to present their work at the Global Consultation in Geneva, Switzerland in October 2015 and the best visualizations will be showcased at related events worldwide.
Use the consultation data provided in order to develop an original and thought provoking illustration of information collected through the consultation process. The consultation data is by no means final or exhaustive but a comprehensive snapshot of an ongoing and dynamic consultation process to date.
Both infographics and interactive visualizations (preferred) may be submitted.
Visualize information based on topics, trends and issues emerging from the data collected through the consultation process. Information should be represented to allow for the disaggregation of data (type, input/output to the process, issues, geographical representation, contributor information).
- Participants are encouraged to examine the following questions:
- What topics were identified and how do they relate to each other? Qualitative data characteristics can be inferred from the WHS data collection and the developed taxonomy
- What are the differences in how the topics arose across various data types (public submissions, final consultation reports, stakeholder analysis pieces, online consultation data characteristics and/or others)?
- Are there other key elements or topics that can be defined emerging from the data collection within the predefined topics or outside of it?
● Any individual can participate – there are no geographical or age restrictions.
● Any institution or organization wishing to put together an entry should do so in the
name of one person. Additional contributors may be added to the description of the
Please note that finalists will be subjected to normal travel regulations to Switzerland, and may be required to procure a travel visa.
Both static and interactive visualizations may be submitted. Entries will be judged on a combination of the following criteria:
● Understanding of the data
● Clarity of information
● Usefulness to the viewer
E-Mail: [email protected]
For More Information: