Application Deadline: July 22, 2019
The World Youth Alliance (WYA) is looking for young people and leaders witha strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. Successful interns have been proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with willingness to learn, and give the best from their experiences, skills and initiative.
The WYA Africa Internship Program grants qualified members real-world experience in project management, international law and advocacy together with a good understanding of the basic philosophy on the human person. The WYA Africa office launched the region’s first internship program in September, 2005, and over 10 young people from Africa have gone onto attend a 3-month training program at WYA’s Headquarters Office in New York to date.
Since the Africa internship program started in 2005, interns have completed projects at the office during each internship period.The WYA Africa Internship Program is a 3-month volunteer opportunity for young people committed to fulfilling WYA’s mission through workwith our regional staff on projects related to advocacy, education, or culture. Interns will report to the WYA Africa office in Nairobi, Kenya. It could take longer than 3 months depending on circumstances.
Internship Period :Sep 16 – Dec 13, 2019
As an intern, you can be involved in the following:
1. Join an international youth organization that promotes human dignity
2. Learn about national, regional, and international policy-making that impacts development
3. Help implement WYA projects in advocacy, education or culture
4. Participate in WYA’s Certified Training Program discussions with young people from different parts of Africa
5. Challenge yourself and advance your skillsets and field of expertise
- Completed regional application form
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Only if you are a new member: Your signed copy of the WYA charter
You will receive a confirmation receipt via email within three weeks of the internship application deadline only if your application is complete. If your application satisfies the criteria for selection, someone from our internship committee will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please send all requirements to [email protected].
For More Information: