Application Deadline: January 20th 2020
The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center East Africa (YALI RLC EA) and Dow, a materials science company, have partnered to invest in young African leaders who will engage and advance sustainability and circular economy both for personal, business opportunity and advancing the engagement within their communities, country and continent.
The 4-week residential program will engage in leadership training in the Sustainability and Circular economy sector focusing on individual and team leadership skills, innovation and communication. The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning, which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually, and in teams.
Admission to the Sustainability and Circular Economy Concepts for Leaders in Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
· Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
· Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda
· Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya
· Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English
· Must have a passport valid for the period of the program
· Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
The selection panel will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
· Demonstrated leadership, engagement, interest and/or professional experience in the sustainability and the circular economy
· Active engagement in community service, volunteerism or mentorship
· The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others
· Strong social and communication skills
· An energetic and positive attitude
· A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your community, country, the continent of Africa and beyond
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program. The program will cater for round-trip transportation to the Center, lodging, meals, and course materials for the successful participants.
The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center in East Africa (Nairobi, Kenya). To apply, proceed below.
Application closing date: 20 January 2020.
For any questions contact: [email protected]