YWF Uganda 2021 is an entrepreneurship programme dedicated to social businesses in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector. The programme has since 2017 supported over 75 youth-led start-ups in 30 countries. For more information about the global impact, visit www.youngwatersolutions.org The YWF Uganda 2021 empowers early-stage young entrepreneurs to validate and launch social businesses that tackle water, sanitation & hygiene issues at the community level. The selected young entrepreneurs are provided with a holistic package of financial and technical support, including: training, coaching and mentorship, opportunities for seed funding and networking. By launching their social businesses, these young entrepreneurs contribute to universal access to safe water and sanitation.
Implemented by Young Water Solutions in partnership with WASEU and with the support of TuriKumwe
- Be 18 to 35 years old at the time of the application
- Be founder or cofounder of the initiative
Be a Ugandan citizen and resident
- Have an initiative that addresses a water supply/sanitation/hygiene/waste management/water management issue and be willing to turn it into a social business. The initiative should be at an early stage (within the first 2 years) and ready to be piloted.
Throughout the incubation phase of the programme (October 2021-September 2022), the selected Young Water Fellows will benefit from:
- Two one-week boot camps providing start-up training in the WASH sector.
- Coaching and mentoring support
- Support in developing networks in the
- entrepreneurship and WASH sectors
- The opportunity to apply for a seed funding of up to 5,000 to develop a pilot project of their social enterprises during 6 months and validate their impact
For More Information: