Application Deadline: 16h00 on 20 March 2016.
The Vodacom Change the World programme gives individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months. If you have a degree and a passion to make a difference, use your skills to change the world- then Apply
The Vodacom Change the World programme was first introduced in 2011, giving individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a non-profit organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months, at no cost to the NPO. To date 40 volunteers with their 40 respective NPOs have successfully participated and each one of them has made a difference in the timethey worked with their NPO.
Through this programme, Vodacom contributes towards skills development and helps create a culture of volunteering through the transfer of human capital. By relieving NPOs of the burden of paying for the services of skilled volunteers with a passion to work for a good cause, the programme provides much-needed expertise to the NPO sector.
- You need to be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit for the Republic of South Africa;
- You need to be 18 years or older by the start date of the programme, i.e. on 1 May 2016
- You need to have relevant qualifications and experience that will add value to the work of your chosen NPO.
- You would be available for work full-time for 12 months on-site with my selected Non Profit Organisation (NPO)
If successful, Applicants will be required to confirm in writing
- that he/she accepts the offer and will start his/her project on 1 July 2016;
- availability to attend the CtW induction and media launch in July 2016;
- that by accepting an offer of employment he/she will not breach any existing contract or agreement with a former or current employer, partner or with any other person or entity;
- that they have disclosed any and all previous criminal convictions;
- he/she will enter into a 12 (twelve) month Fixed Term Contract of Employment with Vodacom’s appointed agency, which will include, amongst other requirements, some minimum terms and conditions of employment that will also apply between the NPO and the successful Applicant;
- to keep the news of his/her participation in the CtW confidential until the media announcement in July 2016;
- that he/she will be available to Vodacom for public relations purposes, media interviews and any other interviews Vodacom deems necessary.
For More Information: