Application Deadline: March 31, 2017.
Applications for the 9th intake of the IMS Master’s program are now being accepted until March 31, 2017. The program gets underway September 2017 in Bonn.
The IMS is conducted in English and German and combines the disciplines media and development, journalism, communication science and media management. The full-time, four-semester program offers an unparalleled mix of research, lectures and practical experience and prepares students for careers in the communications and media industrie
The program is targeted at students from around the world that want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector. It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts. Those interested must have completed an academic program (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree. The program is bilingual (English and German), whereby English is the prevalent course language.
Especially targeted at:
• Media representatives from radio, TV, online and print
• Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
• Journalists and management from community radio stations
• Communication experts
• NGO employees
• Employees from ministries
• Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
• Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
• Media association representatives
- The tuition fees for the postgraduate, four-semester Master’s Program will cost a total of 6,000 EUR. There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships available.
DW are granting full scholarship to up to 10 applicants each year. Prospective students from developing countries can apply for the full scholarship. The scholarship is 750 EUR per month covering costs for living and accommodation. The tuition fee and the flight will be also reimbursed. A committee will decide which applicants are to receive a scholarship after the application deadline has expired.
If you don’t meet the requirements for the full scholarship, you may apply for a partial scholarship. This will cover the costs of the tuition fees of 6,000 EUR. The expenses for travelling, accommodation and living will have to be paid by yourself.
Prospective students will have to apply through an online application system. Please read the information below, before you visit the application link.
Before you start entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
• Letter of motivation (signed and dated)
• Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
• Certificate of your first academic degree (including ALL transcripts)
• Evidence of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must give evidence for at least two years of professional experience)
• Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
• Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.5 or higher, BULATS: score of 70 or higher, APIEL at least Level 3) – English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
• Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
• Copy of your passport
For More Information: