Application Deadline: 9 November 2014.
Hivos invites individuals, organisations and companies from Asia, Africa and Latin America to share their most innovative ideas and best practices that contribute to more open, democratic and green societies.
The award is meant to encourage new solutions for social change by supporting innovative ideas and practices which expand and defend freedom or create productive ecosystems that sustain human progress.
The Hivos Social Innovation Award has two categories:
- A prize for a promising innovative idea that needs support to develop into a prototype.
- A prize for a proven innovative approach that needs support to scale up and increase impact.
- Both awards entail a €15,000 prize which must be invested in further developing the concept.
- The first category award consists of a € 5,000 prize and a coaching trajectory worth € 10,000 to develop the idea into a prototype.
- The second category prize is intended as an investment in scaling proven approaches within the next two years.
- The semi-finalists are selected online by the public together with Hivos.
- They are then offered an interactive learning trajectory that will enable them to elaborate their proposal. After a jury determines who the top 3 finalists per category are, they will get the opportunity to pitch their proposals in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- The deadline for the first round of submissions is 9 November 2014.
- The Award Ceremony will be on 5 February 2015.
For More Information: