Application Deadline: 19 December 2014.
WHEN: 24 June – 30 July 2015(5-weeks)
WHERE: A shared house in Kampala, Uganda
WHO: 14 of your peers from Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania alongside 50 world class mentors and over 30 Investors and funders.
The Goal of the Unreasonable Institute is to give entrepreneurs tackling East Africa’s greatest challenges an “unreasonable advantage” so they can grow faster and scale to impact over 1 million lives each.”
You come into the Institute with a plan for growing your company. The Institute will help you hone that plan and swarm you with the resources and relationships you need to give it momentum.
In the short-term, you will help execute a plan to grow your venture to profitability. This means building and managing a team that can make it happen, finding the mentors and advisors to guide you, and raising the funding to do so. In the long-term, the institute is working to build a suite of on-going support services to help you as you reach profitability and eventually scale your venture by 10x!
What Fellows Get:
A Solid Business Foundation
An Inner Circle of Trusted Advisors
Open to ventures that:
- Operate in Uganda, Kenya or Tanzania
- Are for-profit or non-profit
- Have achieved some traction in their market already, meaning they have customers/users and have generated revenues. Could not be profitable yet
- Have released their product/service, gained feedback from their target population, and then iterated their product to better meet the demand. In short, they have “market intimacy”
- Have a strong business model
Stage 1: Submit your written application: Now to
Stage 2: Interview with us via Skype. January 2015
Stage 3: Second interview – Digging deeper. February 2015
Stage 4: Fellows are announced By early March 2015!
For More Information: