Application Deadline: 30 June 2018 at 23:59 CET.
Skål International is proud to announce the call for submission to its 2018 Sustainable Awards
Skål International is an Affiliate Member of the UNWTO whose mission is to promote the development of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. We have adopted the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics in Tourism, and also support the ST-EP initiative (Sustainable Tourism-Eliminating Poverty). Skål is affiliated to other important international organisations such as IIPT, The Code, ECPAT, ICTP, STI.
Following the United Nations declaration of 2002 as the Year of Ecotourism and the Mountains, Skål International launched these Awards in the same year, to highlight and acknowledge best practices around the globe. As an international organisation of tourism industry leaders, Skål International is a powerful force in the travel and tourism industry to initiate change and encourage the conservation of the environment in order to promote tourism and travel.
Any company from the public and private sector, NGOs, government agencies, educational intitutions worldwide are welcome to submit an entry in one of the following available categories:
- Community and Government Projects
- Countryside and Biodiversity
- Educational programmes and Media
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Marine and Coastal
- Rural Accommodation
- Tour Operators-Travel Agents
- Tourist Transport
- Urban Accommodation
- All applicants will be contacted following the evaluation carried out by the independent judges but the name of the winners will be kept confidential until the Awards Ceremony. The winners will be announced on 18 October 2018 during the Opening Ceremony of the 79th Skål World Congress in Mombasa, Kenya, and the awards will be presented by the President of Skål International, Ms. Susanna Saari.
- One representative from the winning company will be hosted to one night accommodation in Mombasa. It will be a good opportunity for them to increase visibility and get recognition of their outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism. In addition, they will experience the real Skål membership by increasing their professional contacts and friendships. They will also receive the Award logo for publication purposes and exposure through our international media press contacts
HOW TO APPLY
- 30 JUNE : DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
- 31 AUGUST: END OF JUDGES EVALUATION PERIOD
- 15 SEPTEMBER: NOTIFICATION OF PERSONAL RESULTS TO ALL APPLICANTS
- 18 OCTOBER : ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS DURING AWARDS CEREMONY
For More Information: