Application Deadline: May 20, 2018 at 17:00 (GMT -4:00).
Program Dates: October 19-27, 2018
The U.S. Institute of Peace and His Holiness the Dalai Lama have partnered to build bridges between international leaders and youth peacebuilders. In support of UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security, this partnership will create a space where constructive, intergenerational conversations can occur that begin to lessen the divides separating the work of youth leaders and more traditional leaders.
The program will bring a group of youth peacebuilders to Dharamsala for two days of conversation with the Dalai Lama to discuss ways in which youth can partner with international leaders to build peace. Selected youth will come from some of the world’s most conflict-ridden areas.
Few world leaders can understand the experience of youth peacebuilders as fully as His Holiness, who, at age 15, was thrust into the leadership of his people as they faced the traumas of war. Like some of the youth participants in this program, His Holiness fled his country as a refugee and has lived for years in exile.In Dharamsala, the youth leaders will share their experiences and will discuss with His Holiness ways in which youth leaders and world leaders can cooperatively build peace. The very engagement of youth with His Holiness will serve as a model for the youth on how to bridge intergenerational divides. The conversation in Dharamsala will provide a platform for greater international advocacy for youth priorities in peace and security and will expand the global impact of youth leaders.
• Must reside and work in Afghanistan, Burma, Central African Republic, Colombia, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria (or of Syrian origin living and working in Lebanon, Turkey or Jordan), Tunisia or Venezuela.
• Must be 18-28 years old.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Must hold a leadership role in an organization that does peacebuilding work.
• Must have a passport that is valid through April 2019.
October 19-27, 2018
Please submit the following:
• A completed application form via Survey Monkey
• An updated CV e-mailed to [email protected]
• A scanned copy of a valid passport e-mailed to [email protected]
Please submit the application using Survey Monkey. Please e-mail all attachments in one e-mail to [email protected] The e-mail subject line should read: SURNAME, HHDL application. Submissions that are incomplete or late will not be considered.Applications will be accepted no later than May 20, 2018 at 17:00 (GMT -4:00). All inquiries should be sent to [email protected]Notifications of Application Status
Selected participants will be notified by email by June 10, 2018. If you are not notified by this time, you have not been selected.
For More Information: