February 10, 2015 (for those who need US Visas)
March 10, 2015 (for those who don’t need US Visas)
The 12th International Solidarity Forum, an annual event of World Youth Alliance for its active members, will take place in New York from March 23-26, 2015. The theme of the ISF will be ‘Health and Education: Keys to Development’ and will bring together members from across the world, experts on issues related to health and education and diplomats.
In addition to expert lectures and UN-style negotiations to draft a declaration on health and education, World Youth Alliance will hold an advocacy training and in-depth trainings on FEMM and the Human Dignity Curriculum (HDC), a curriculum designed to help students develop a proper understanding of themselves, their great worth as persons and the responsibility they have to act in accordance with their dignity.
1. The conference is open to WYA members who:
- Are actively involved with WYA’s programs and projects
- Have finished Track A Training
- Are recommended by one to the WYA regional offices to attend the ISF
2. Applicants must be proficient in English. All talks and negotiations will be in English.
Travel and lodging
Participants will be responsible for covering the traveling expenses to and from New York City and any other commuting expenses while in the city.
Participants are also responsible for arranging for their own accommodations. Click here for a list of accommodation suggestions in New York City.
The World Youth Alliance provide sponsorship letters for those interested in raising funds to attend the ISF.
Early bird fee: 50 USD for applications before November 10.
Regular fee: 70 USD
- Expert speakers on issues of health and education in development
- WYA Advocacy Training on current issues at the international policy level
- FEMM training
- In-depth training on WYA’s Human Dignity Curriculum
- UN-style negotiations to draft a new WYA Declaration on the Family
- Tour of the United Nations
- WYA Chamber Orchestra concert
- Film screening at the United Nations featuring winners of WYA’s 2015 Manhattan International Film Festival
- March 23: Experts lectures on health, education and development
- March 24: Advocacy training, negotiations and evening UN Film Screening
- March 25: HDC and negotiations
- March 26: FEMM, negotiations and adoption of the declaration on health and education
For More Information: