Application Deadline: 19 September 2016
The GAPMIL Global MIL Awards will recognize information/library, media and technology specialists, educators, artists, activists, researchers, policy makers, NGOs, associations and other groups integrating MIL (media and information literacy) in an innovative way in their work and related activities. Specifically, the awards will recognize excellence and leadership in five sectors: Education, Research, Policy, Activism, Media and communication/information industries.
For 2016, the Global MIL Awards are led by the Global Alliance for Partnership on Media and Information Literacy (GAPMIL) and the Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue University Network (MILID) with the support of UNESCO, UNAOC, the School of Communication and Arts at the University of São Paulo, and the Youth Portal at the São Paulo Prefecture´s Secretary of Human Rights and Citizenship.
- Work in any area/sector can be recognized, as long as the activities reflect integration of media and information literacy concepts, including intercultural dialogue, in education, research, policy, activism and the communication and information industries (including cultural industries).
- Nominations should describe how the nominee’s work and activities impact specific groups or society at large.
- Nominations should describe how the nominee’s practices do influence or could influence the media and Information Literacy field at large, in a local or global context
- Nominations should provide links to pictures, video clips or testimonials and any other published content (if appropriate) produced by the nominee.
- Formal and non-formal approaches are welcome in the information/library media, communication and education sectors, and in relevant practices in each subject.
- Winners will be invited to the General Assembly of the GAPMIL at the University of São Paulo, Brazil, taking place from November, 2nd -6th, or connected to the event via remote online, live participation
For More Information: