Application Deadline: March 19th 2017.
A general call for UNV Programme Officers (UNV POs) is ongoing between February 16th and March 19th. Details on the functions of these positions, requirements and application process are below.
UNV Programme Officers (UNV POs) are the country level representatives of the organization in ensuring and delivering key results of the UNV Strategic Framework. UNV has approximately 70 UNV Programme Officers in the field. They normally report to the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative (Programme) at country level, while working in close collaboration with a Portfolio Manager at UNV headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
KEY STRATEGIC FUNCTIONS
Advocacy and Partnership Building
Programme Development and Management
Volunteer Mobilization and Management
- Master’s degree in social sciences, political science, public or business administration, economics or related fields
- 5 years of relevant professional experience and proven track record in managing and implementing programmes in the context of development or in the area of humanitarian relief or in crisis management.
- Work experience with the United Nations is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. However, since many of the upcoming vacancies require bilingual candidates, we strongly encourage candidates who are fluent in English and, in addition, French or Spanish or Portuguese to apply.
- Any additional language (such as Arabic or Russian) is an asset, and another UN official language is highly desirable.
For More Information: