Application Deadline: 2 October 2017
The British Council Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, professions and countries.
Requirements: Country of entry
The Alumni Awards are open to alumni living outside of the UK only.
Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2002 or later)
- enrolled at an officially recognised (160 institutions) or listed (650 institutions) UK higher education institution
- at degree level* or above
- either at in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognised or listed UK HEI, in their home country.
*Degree level is defined as band 9 and above on the UK NARIC band framework
Raise your international profile, build your professional networks and business connections, and win a trip to the UK: just some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award.
Enhancing success and widening networks
All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences. Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity. Following the awards, winners will be invited to join our panel of judges, to participate in the judging of future award competitions.
- Opportunities to connect with people of influence at award cerenmonies, and afterwards: Alumni Award winners in India met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Queen’s 90th birthday party celebrations in Delhi, 2016
- Press and PR opportunities and increased national/regional/global profile: Alumni Award winners have been featured in national newspapers of participating countries, for example the Jakarta Post in Indonesia, and the Daily Graphic in Ghana
- Professional contacts and connections
- Reconnecting with UK university and the UK
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following four criteria:
- IMPACT: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK INFLUENCE: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- MEDIA TRACTION: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- POTENTIAL TO INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
|2 October 2017||Applications close at 23.59 BST (GMT+1)|
|October & November 2017||Shortlisting of applications for national level Alumni Awards, and announcement of national-level finalists|
|November 2017 to February 2018||National Alumni Award ceremonies (in selected countries)|
|March 2018||Regional Alumni Awards|
|April 2018||Global Alumni Awards|
For More Information: