Application Deadline: 5 January 2016 17.00GMT
With more than 2.3 billion citizens, the Commonwealth provides a potentially huge pool of ideas for advancing societies. The Commonwealth Foundation’s grants help civil society organisations get their ideas across to policymakers.
The Commonwealth Foundation awards grants for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
- Creative expression
- Capacity development
- Constructive engagement
- Learning and sharing
- The SAMOA Pathway
- The applicant is a registered national or regional civil society organisation (CSO).
- The applicant is seeking £30,000 per year or less.
- The applicant is applying for funding for one to three years
- The average of the applicant’s total income over the last two years is less than £3m
- The project must address one of the five focus areas
- The project will take place in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country
- The project has not yet started
- The application includes counterpart resourcing of a minimum of 10% of the total project budget. Applicants will be required to provide a detailed budget at full application stage where counterpart resourcing must be clearly reflected.
- The applicant does not have an existing grant from the Commonwealth Foundation at the time the application window is opened. Please note that in order for a recent grantee
to be eligible they must have submitted all reports on existing grants and received notification that the existing grant is closed.
The applicant will provide the following documents as part of the application:1. a completed logic model using the Commonwealth Foundation template2. a copy of the organisation’s registration certificate (the official registration document provided by the relevant authorities in the country concerned)3. a copy of the organisation’s most recent audited accounts (it must include both the accounts and the opinion of the external auditor who has certified them)4. a copy of the registration certificate for all partner organisations
- The call for applications opens at 12.00 GMT on 1 December 2015
- The deadline for submission of the preliminary application form is 17.00 GMT on 5 January 2016
- Preliminary applications will be assessed in January and February 2016
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full application in March 2015
- The deadline for submission of full applications is 29 March 2016
- All applicants will receive a formal notification on the outcome of their application by the end of July 2016 at the latest