Application Deadline: 15 February 2016
The Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship is a 12 month international programme on the circular economy open to postgraduate students in design, engineering and business from a network of fourteen Partner Universities.
Each year the Fellowship also runs a Wild Card competition to identify one or two exceptional students from any other universities in the world, to win a place on the programme.
The programme includes a week long summer school in the UK, an online support programme and a cash bursary, as well as the opportunity to link with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s wider programme of activities and networks.
The Wild Card competition is an amazing opportunity for a student from any university in the world to win a place, worth £10,000, on the exclusive Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship Programme for both themselves and their faculty mentor.
So if you are..
- A postgraduate student (‘graduate student’ in the US) studying design, engineering or business
- Interested in the circular economy as an innovation framework for positive change
- Keen to be a part of the opportunities available in the transition to a circular economy
- Fellowship worth UK£10k to develop a Circular Economy Innovation Project as part of a postgraduate study course in design, engineering or business, this consists of:
• £2k bursary
• Week-long, fully-paid summer school on the circular economy in the UK
- Online knowledge-building programme and support facility, including the opportunity to participate in the CE100 six-week Executive Education course
• Platform for deeper engagement and cross-pollination by sharing emerging circular economy practices with our international network of university and business partners, who are working together on circular economy innovation.
- Wild Card runner up prizes will include two places at the Circular Economy 100 Annual Summit in London* and five places on the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s Executive Education course.*Note: does not include travel and accommodation to and from the Summit
Are you a student at one of the Partner Universities
List of Partner Universities
Cranfield University, Imperial College London, London Business School, University of California Berkeley, Delft University of Technology, Kedge Business School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIP Politecnico di Milano, National Institute of Design India, Royal College of Art, Stanford University, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Tongji University, Yale University.
Are you a student from another university?
If you are NOT studying at one of the 14 Partner Universities, you can still apply for a place on the Fellowship through the Wild Card Competition