Application Deadline: December 6, 2017 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
Applications to the Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program are accepted from across sectors and around the world. Each class of Fellows is a unique group: geographically balanced, and representative of a wide range of professions, talents, and perspectives. The program runs annually from mid-August to mid-December. Fellows are expected to be in residence at Yale for the duration of the program.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be in the mid-career stage Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than 20, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- be fluent in English An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- be a citizen of a country other than the United States While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
Selection criteria include:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
- Please note that application for admission to the Greenberg World Fellows Program is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or other cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), three essays (500 words maximum each), and three letters of recommendation. Applicants also have the option of submitting a brief video statement. Complete instructions can be found within the online application once you create an account.
- The application deadline for the 2018 Program is 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on December 6, 2017. No extensions will be granted and late applications will not be accepted.
- Most questions about the program and the application process can be answered by reviewing this website and the common questions. If your question is unanswered, you may contact staff at [email protected]. Please do not send multiple emails regarding one issue, and please do not email staff individually. We thank you for your patience in allowing staff adequate time to thoughtfully process your inquiries.
For More Information: