Application Deadline: January 13 2014
The Foundation’s primary program consists of individual fellowship residencies of one to three months. The Foundation welcomes applications from individuals in the following areas:
- Scholars working in French and Francophone cultures, including cross-cultural studies that engage the cultures and influences of the Mediterranean region
- Visual artists, creative writers, film/video/new media directors, playwrights, composers, choreographers, and multidisciplinary artists
The Camargo Foundation supports Fellows who are:
- committed to artistic and scholarly excellence
- take risks and embrace challenge
- are rigorous in their approach to their work, and
- have a record of strong, promising professional achievement
The Camargo Foundation welcomes scholars and artists from all countries and nationalities as well as all career levels.
The Foundation’s campus includes twelve furnished apartments, a reference library, a music/conference room, an open-air theater, an artist’s studio with darkroom and a composer’s studio.
- Fall Fellowships will be 8 weeks from October 1st to November 26th 2014.
- Spring Fellowships will be for 4, 8 or 11 weeks from January 28th 2015.Worth
A stipend of US$1,500 is available.
Applicants to the Camargo Foundation may include:
- Members of university and college faculties who wish to pursue special studies while on leave from their institutions;
- Independent scholars and professors emeriti working on specific projects;
- Teachers in secondary schools, public or private, benefiting from a leave of absence in order to work on some pedagogical or scholarly project;
- Graduate students whose academic residence and general requirements have been met and for whom a stay in France would be beneficial in completing the dissertation required for their degree;
- Composers, creative writers, choreographers, film/video/new media directors, visual artists, playwrights, and multidisciplinary artists working on specific projects or specified areas of creative inquiry.
Conditions of Fellowship:
- The Camargo fellowship is a residential grant.
- Spouses/adult partners and dependent minor children may accompany fellows for short stays or for the duration of the residency.
- Fellows must actually be in residence at the Foundation.
- The time in Cassis must be spent on the project proposed to and accepted by the selection committee; i.e. the project may not be substantially altered without the approval of the committee.
- Project discussions are held once a week (except during semester breaks) so each fellow has an opportunity to present the project s/he is working on to the group.
The Online Application
Applications are accepted online. The online application is comprised of 5 main sections:
- Applicant’s contact information
- Project specific areas of inquiry information
- Residency preferences
- Application materials
For More Information:
- email: [email protected]
- postal mail:
The Camargo Foundation
Attention: Application Coordinator
1, avenue Jermini
13260 Cassis, France