Scholarship application period: 3-11 February 2014.
Who is eligible?
- The scholarships are only intended for students who are required to pay tuition fees according to the information at University Admissions.
- There is no age limit for scholarship holders.
- The Swedish Institute is looking for applicants who display both intellectual ability and leadership potential and welcome applications regardless of age, gender and religious beliefs.
- The scholarship programme aims for diversity amongst the scholarship holders. Due to the large number of applications, applicants from countries with a high number of applicants per seat will be evaluated most thoroughly by selecting the best applications to a second evaluation round.
Countries of eligibility
The programme is open to candidates from two different categories of countries.
If your country is listed here you can only apply within this category.
For 2014, citizens of the following countries can apply for the scholarship within this category: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Please note that the scholarship application is separate from the application to master’s programmes at Swedish universities. Make sure to complete your application to the master’s programmes that you wish to apply to before the deadline 15 January 2014. You apply by using the national online application service Universityadmissions.se.
Scholarship benefits and period
- The scholarship covers both the tuition fee (which is paid directly to the Swedish university/university college by the Swedish Institute) and living expenses to the amount of SEK 9,000 per month.
- The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester (August/September) and is granted for one academic year, i.e. for two semesters at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory.
- The scholarship is designed to cover living costs and study expenses for the scholarship holder. There are no grants for family members. The granted scholarship period cannot be altered or extended beyond the study programme period nor can the scholarship be transferred to another study programme at a Swedish university.
Scholarship holders will receive a travel grant in connection with the scholarship. The travel grant is a one-time payment of SEK 15,000.
Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
For More Information: