Application Deadline: Sunday June 26th 2016 at 11:59PM GMT
Candidates from from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) can now apply until Sunday June 26th 2016 to participate in the 2016 edition of the UNAOC Fellowship Program.
The main objective of the Fellowship Program is to challenge cultural stereotypes and develop cross-cultural partnerships between peoples from different faiths and cultures. During two weeks, the EUNA cohort and the MENA cohort will visit each other’s region and interact with a wide range of local actors and partners. In 2016, the Fellowship Program will also focus on Education as a tool to prevent of radicalization and xenophobia.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- From the Middle East or North Africa.
- Born between January 1st 1978 and December 31st 1991
- Fluent in English
- Be directly involved, at a professional and/or personal level in the field of Education through their work in politics, civil society, media, religious associations, community initiatives, official institutions, academia, think-tanks, arts, and any other fields relevant to the Fellowship Program’s objectives.
- In possession of a passport valid at least 9 months beyond October 2016 (July 2017 and beyond)
- Available to travel for a period of 18 days in October or November 2016 as scheduled by UNAOC. Final dates will be confirmed 4 weeks before departure.
- Must not have participated in any of UNAOC programs before.
Evaluation and Selection
Candidates meeting all of the eligibility criteria will have their application reviewed by a jury composed of UNAOC staff, experts and professionals in the field of Education, and other relevant partners.
The jury will be looking for candidates with strong interest in learning more about EUNA countries and their cultures. To be selected, participants should also have concrete ideas on how to engage with peers and partners from EUNA countries.
The jury will also be assessing professional accomplishment and personal involvement in the field of Education, and will look for applicants with potential of shaping opinion and taking strong initiatives within their community.
The jury will make sure that the final selection is:
- Gender balanced
- Region balanced between participants from North Africa and the Middle East
- Limited to two participants per country
- Professionally balanced with no more than a third of participants working in the same sector or industry.
Apply Now for the UNAOC Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Fellowship Program 2016
For More Information: