Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 14th, 2015 at 17:00 EDT.
The International Society for the Performing Arts’ (ISPA) Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Program will provide two early or mid-career leaders from the performing arts community access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals. Participants must be performing arts management professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals. Please be aware in considering your application that the ISPA Congress is not a traditional arts market. This opportunity is intended for those working in the management of the performing arts.
Performing arts professionals who are deeply committed to advancing the field in a global context are most likely to benefit from the program. Those who take initiative in their professional development and enjoy engaging with a diverse group of individuals will be most successful in the program. Applicants should meet the following criteria listed below:
- Professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen;
- Currently working in the performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field
- Not currently a member of ISPA or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in the New York 2016 Congress (January 11 – 14, 2016)
Selected applicants will receive:
- 2016 ISPA membership including access to all member benefits
- One full pass registration to the New York 2016 ISPA Congress, Performance!, (January 11-14, 2016, which includes a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress [Download a copy of 2014 Seminar Day Program for reference])
- 2,400 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the New York 2016 Congress
- To apply to the Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Program, candidates should download and complete the Middle East & Northern Africa Fellowship Application and submit it in a single PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “MENA Fellowship Application” in the subject line of the email.
- All applications are to be submitted in English and electronically.
- Application Forms
For More Information: