Application Deadline – 1 November 2014, before 18.00GMT (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline – 20 November 2014, before 18.00GMT (last date to complete at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program)
Theme: Towards a New Peaceful Coexistence
Where: United Arab Emirates
When: 13 -17 March 2015
Are you a youth worker or peace activist from the MENA region? Are you concerned about achieving peace for your community? Are you sometimes discouraged while still want to reignite your spark to work for peace? Then this fellowship is for YOU!
MENA Salam fellowship seeks to promote coexistence by engaging open-minded young leaders across the MENA region and support their roles as peacemakers who can positively contribute to the region’s peace and transition
The retreat will include interactive activities, meditation sessions, yoga classes, lectures delivered by the teaching monk and discussions aiming at supporting the group to work for a common future for the region.
- Nationalsand residents of these countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara and Yemen.
- Age required between 18-30years old at the time of application submission in order to receive the airfare support.
- Completed the 21days of the online self-development program.
- Young leaders who are actively involved in peace activities or have passion to work in peace building and coexistence within the spheres of politics, society, culture and media.
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English
- Commitment fee of 200 USD. The fees need to be paid before the arrival to the retreat site, /by Bank transfer or Western Union
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Meditation sessions and lectures
- Yoga Classes
- Local transportation
The MENA Salam Fellowship DOES NOT Cover:
- Transportation within participant’s country
- Visa cost
- Personal expenses
For More Information: