Application Deadline: June 2nd 2015
When: , October 11–15, 2015
Where: Chicago Ideas Week, Chicago USA
The Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship @ Chicago Ideas Week recognizes a group of young, socially-conscious leaders who have developed sustainable ventures addressing civic needs. The Fellowship provides them with exposure to nationally recognized business leaders, philanthropists and community leaders, funding to support their organization and a platform for growth.
- The BHSI Fellows are hosted in Chicago for Chicago Ideas Week in October each year, all expenses paid.
- Fellows gain exposure for their organizations, establish a community of support and receive a $10,000 financial contribution for their venture.
- All semifinalists must travel to Chicago for in-person interviews. Airfare and hotel are coved by the Fellowship.
**The formal dates of the BHSI program are Sunday, October 11–15, however, Fellows are welcome, but not required, to attend all Chicago Ideas Week events (all expenses paid).
Each of the Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellows receive $10,000 in unrestricted, non-equity financial support of their venture and joins a group of like-minded young innovators for a week of one-of-a-kind experiences including:
- The opportunity to present their ventures at Chicago Ideas Week alongside leading innovators, entrepreneurs and thinkers in front of an exclusive audience
- Intimate breakfasts and lunches with prominent business and political leaders. Past meetings have been hosted by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Dreamworks Chairwoman and Ariel Investments President Mellody Hobson, Groupon Co-Founder and CEO Eric Lefkofsky, Equity Groups Chairman Sam Zell, Every Mother Counts Founder Christy Turlington Burns, Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert, and many others.
- Access to Chicago Ideas speakers. Past speakers include Hillary Clinton, Colin Powell, Michael Bloomberg, Edward Norton, Deepak Chopra, Malcolm Gladwell, Tom Brokaw and Sandra Day O’Connor.
- June 2: Call for applications closes
- July 20: Semifinalist notifed
- August 21 – 22: In-person interviews with semifinalists
- August 26: Finalists announced
- October 11 – 15, 2015 BHSI Fellowship/Chicago Ideas experience