Application Deadline: May 1st 2015
The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified Egyptian students who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a two year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC. Applicants from diverse regional and socioeconomic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
• Egyptian nationals with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating of gayed.
• Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents and any additional exams.
• Submit an international TOEFL IBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
• Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism.
• Satisfy MA in television and digital journalism admission requirements. An interview with the program leadership is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills.
• To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The fellowship is awarded for two academic years and may cover the intervening summer session when registered for courses.
• Waiver of tuition fees for the MA program
• May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
• Monthly stipend
• Book allowance per semester
• Student services and activities fees
• Monthly housing allowance may be offered for non-residents of greater Cairo
• In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work
How to Apply
• Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by May 1
• Selection of recipients is made in June for fellowship that begins end of August 2015
For More Information: