Application Deadline: May 1st 2015
The Bellagio Resident Fellows program offers a serene setting conducive to focused, goal-oriented work, and the unparalleled opportunity to establish new connections with fellow residents from a stimulating array of disciplines and geographies.
The Bellagio community generates new knowledge to solve some of the most complex issues facing our world and creates art that inspires reflection, understanding, and imagination.
- Residencies are open to university or think-thank based academics in all disciplines, literary artists, visual artists, and non-profit practitioners.
- The Center accepts applications from individuals as well as applications from collaborative teams of up to four people working on the same project. Residencies are typically four weeks in length.
Academic Applications for a Residency
Researchers in the humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and other academic disciplines
The Academic Writing residency is for university and think tank-based academics, researchers, professors, and scientists working in any discipline
Arts & Literary Arts Applications for a Residency
Artists, composers, fiction and non-fiction writers
The Bellagio Arts & Literary Arts residency is for composers, fiction and non-fiction writers, playwrights, poets, video/filmmakers, and visual artists who share in the Foundation’s mission of promoting the well-being of humankind and whose work is inspired by or relates to global or social issues.
- Residents are housed in two main buildings and each resident is given a private room with bath and a study/studio, either adjoining the bedroom or on the grounds.
- Room and board are provided to all residents and their spouses/partners, but residents are responsible for their airfare and local transportation to and from Bellagio. However, the Foundation offers a travel assistance grant through an application process.
- Please note: Travel assistance is not a factor during the selection process. The travel assistance grant process begins once an applicant has been selected
For More Information: