Application Deadline: 5 April 2015
UN Women’s Fund for Gender Equality is pleased to announce its 3rd Call for Proposals for women-led Civil Society Organizations programmes for women’s economic and political empowerment.
UN Women’s Fund for Gender Equality was launched in 2009 to accelerate implementation of gender equality commitments worldwide. It is the organization’s leading global grant mechanism and multi-donor Fund dedicated to rights-based programming in the two overlapping thematic areas of Women’s Economic and Political Empowerment.
ELIGIBLE PROGRAMME PROPOSAL
- An overall thematic focus on
(1) women’s economic rights and empowerment and/or
(2) women’s political rights and empowerment.
- A 2 or 3 year implementation schedule only (one year proposal will not be considered)
- An overall programmatic scope which is one of these three options (or a combination):
- National (national level institutions, laws, policies, frameworks, commitments)
- Regional (region-wide work with clear implementation strategies in up to 4 countries)
- Local activities (at sub-national level or with particular communities that link to one or more gender equality laws and/or policies)
- Geographic implementation only in eligible countries (OECD DAC list of ODA recipient countries 2) in one of the following regions:
- Americas and the Caribbean
- Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Europe and Central Asia
GRANT AMOUNT AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Grant request size: US$ 200,000 to US$ 500,000 for 2 or 3 year programmes
- All applicants will have to demonstrate absorptive capacity and a financial management record commensurate with the grant request amount.
- Technical Assistance: Successful applicants will also benefit from the following support from UN Women and the Fund:
- Package of monitoring and technical support services
- Impact tracking through Results Based Management support
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for the Applicant Organization (for upload)
1. Proof of legal status by competent national authority
2. Certified financial audit reports for 2-3 previous fiscal years–including 2012, 2013 ( and 2014 if available)
3. List of all staff,board members of the applicant organization,with gender and position (especially leadership positions)
4. An organizational resume or CV–showing mandate focus area, expertise and past experience (1-2 pages)
5. Letter of Endorsement from a Gender Equality institution (not including UN Women)
For More Information: